Ashley Thorne joins Andy Nash for an Earth-Day themed conversation on sustainability on the college campus, and how the concept is extended to justify attitude formation and spur social transformation. Thorne is Director of Communications for the National Association of Scholars (NAS), and authored a chapter in Jonah Goldberg’s 2010 “Proud To Be Right” anthology.
- 0:39 – What is Sustainability? As Movement? Its Origins? (3 mins)
- 2:20 – Sustainability: Environmental, Social, & Economic Components (2 mins)
- 6:56 – Top-down political agreement forces faculty to teach sustainability (1 min)
- 8:12 – Methods of campus sustainability propaganda (2 mins)
- 12:00 – Sustainability and invidious culture transformation (2 mins)
- 14:04 – Can “sustainability” be de-politicized? (1 min)